Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Kimberly Lyons








Goodwill, Buffalo, NY 

Is it the glassy, empty potential
of the unfilled blouses
their prescient capability,
flat as catalogued moths
hung on racks
that require realization?
A poem, for instance,
pulls something thin
over itself.
A transparency with a weird fur collar.
A skin of microscopic dirtiness.
Or, is it the soul comes to clothing
already intricately made.
Seeks a garment
a white horse hair
to enfold its deviation
pink as a petal, foldable as a Kleenex.
It’s raining outside the thrift store at night.
My clothing is stained by strangers.
The poem slips away through slots of lace
liquefied as a fat caterpillar
dressed in the capsule of a  cocoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anne Carson

No you cannot write about Me I think I should go in and see her. Can I stand it. She is shaking. No doubt. I should go in. She’ll be pouring...