Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Kimberly Lyons


 


RED COUPLETS

Days as measure, implacable boxes
Contain too much scrawl and hours thicken

Thin where worn remain to hold their place
Bending over the bathroom sink I

Heard the news inked on air
The moon is new but love is old

And in the spattered mirror
See the slightest cloud of her filmy dresses

Black ribbons made of spit and ice.
Traces of reddish orange in the dark

Immeasurable as thought yet
Taking a thought’s impulsive path

Red couplets invisible illegible prophecies
Soaked on Canal Street sidewalk dissolve

To blood, exploded into
Lanterns reignited by lunar light 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anne Carson

No you cannot write about Me I think I should go in and see her. Can I stand it. She is shaking. No doubt. I should go in. She’ll be pouring...