Thursday, June 16, 2022

Peter Gizzi











Bardo

I've spent my life in a lone mechanical whine, 
this combustion far off. 
How fathomless to be embedded in glacial ice, 
what piece of self hiding there. 
I am not sure about meaning but understand the wave. 
No more Novalis out loud. 
No Juan de la Cruz singing 'I do not die to die. 
' No solstice, midhaven, midi, nor twilight. 
No isn't it amazing, no none of that. 
To crow, to crown, to cry, to crumble. 
The trees the air warms into a bright something 
a bluish nothing into clicks and pops 
bursts and percussive runs. 
I come with my asymmetries, my untutored imagination. 
Heathenish, my homespun vision sponsored 
by the winter sky. Then someone said nether, 
someone whirr. And if I say the words will you know them? 
Is there world? Are they still calling it that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anne Carson

No you cannot write about Me I think I should go in and see her. Can I stand it. She is shaking. No doubt. I should go in. She’ll be pouring...