Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Taylor Portela


‘Trans World’ Is Redundant

 

My boy accosts the Wendy’s worker who ma’am’d him

through the intercom at the drive through.

I’m a man! he says, you’re a boy! I say, and teen says sorry!

Between suiciding around cis men and playing

dead, I find my footing dissociating into fungus.

Skirt boy’s hot mic monologue with our mix ‘n match

red flags. We both want to be himbo.

But boy forgets that for him I am pure

performance. Produce dom daddy like an infected cicada

ungendering the world’s gains. After dormancy,

fever. I flick wings to lure the sex I crave over a spicy 10–piece.

I’ve forgotten the hunger of believing myself a man

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anne Carson

No you cannot write about Me I think I should go in and see her. Can I stand it. She is shaking. No doubt. I should go in. She’ll be pouring...