Friday, July 22, 2022

Caroline Bergvall




from CROP

How does one keep ones body as ones own, what does this mean
but the relative safety of boundaries, could I make sure that what I
called my body would remain in the transit from othr languages,
that it would hold its progression into English, and because I didn
know and wasn sure, and since for a great number of people, for an
overwhelming number of persons, for an overwhelmingly large
number of persons, for an always growing number of persons, this
is far from self–evident, this is not self–evident, this does not
apply, this doesn even begin to figure, I never knew for sure—

Some never had a body to call their own before it was
     taken away
som aldri hadde en kropp de kunne kalle sin egen før den ble
     revet bort ceux dont le corps d’emblée leur est arraché 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anne Carson

No you cannot write about Me I think I should go in and see her. Can I stand it. She is shaking. No doubt. I should go in. She’ll be pouring...