Sunday, July 3, 2022

Joyelle McSweeney



like the phantom of the opera
or the kingdom of god
the golden state killer
is there inside your mind
is such a golden state like the lobby of the
beaux art
regional theater
halfway thru
phantom of the op
in spring
the chandelier has just fallen
this lobby like a stuffy skull all done in gold plate
and stuffed up inside like a corpse in the crawl space
Spring’s migraine
Spring’s petite mal
Beside the shuttered mall

a little fleury today
Your seizure your social your
mother’s maiden name.

A postcard arrives
From the doctor:
For I was cheered to learn
that there are flowers
even in hell
Such cheerful wallpaper
even in hell

like juice glasses in a
space age dinette but
I don’t like those trees
change them

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anne Carson

No you cannot write about Me I think I should go in and see her. Can I stand it. She is shaking. No doubt. I should go in. She’ll be pouring...