Sunday, July 3, 2022

Joyelle McSweeney


 


Bad host, you clutch your guest. Green seam
fluoresces in night vision, signature of
heat and flesh. Green ghost
lifts headline to the camera, proof of life
washed white by sudden flash. From satellite, 
Earth turns on spit like a gut infloresced
with bad intentions. A god descends 
with gifts of poetry and plague, he lights up
factory hens, a baffling intervention. They tote
their viral load on wheel, on wing, on breast, 
transmigrate the globe and upload
souls to Heaven. O victor-bird, o vector, 
I am like you, a non-state actor, 
Death-fletched, alive, immune to all elixirs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anne Carson

No you cannot write about Me I think I should go in and see her. Can I stand it. She is shaking. No doubt. I should go in. She’ll be pouring...