Thursday, July 14, 2022

Matthew Rohrer

 

Matthew Rohrer






Poem in the Manner of Morgan Parker

 

 

What do you think is wrong

 

with this lady on the F train

 

trying to sit down every time

 

we come to a stop she seems fine

 

maybe lazy no one really

 

wants to stand or is it spiritual

 

her unease I think yes whatever

 

is the soul’s unease is she and I

 

look down from a great height

 

like Radiohead looks down on us

 

something inside me wants to burst

 

out and preside and bang a gavel

 

something inside me also is made

 

of wine an ocean of wine

 

on which an even smaller part of me sails


No comments:

Post a Comment

Anne Carson

No you cannot write about Me I think I should go in and see her. Can I stand it. She is shaking. No doubt. I should go in. She’ll be pouring...