Saturday, July 30, 2022

Ted Greenwald

Image 1 of 1 for Item #41682 COMMON SENSE. Ted GREENWALD.


AIRY RUSHES PUNCH


Airy rushes punch my shirt 
Through a window of sunset dirt 
And send me reeling like a lure 
Through the water nerves of America 
Once on the other side of somewhere 
I relax and become someone else 
Not that I behave different 
Just behave less often 
The sky offers me solace and office space 
And stars I keep in drawers 
Wear nothing 
But a little mist and halo 
I will imagine myself 
A sympathetic headlight 
Knocking on the door of the night 
To borrow a cup of sugar 
From a beautiful neighbor 
Who's moved in 
Without even the clothes on her back 
"Would it be possible 
To borrow a cup of sugar" 
"Sure Sit down, honey 
Make yourself comfortable" 
I ease down in the big dipper

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anne Carson

No you cannot write about Me I think I should go in and see her. Can I stand it. She is shaking. No doubt. I should go in. She’ll be pouring...