Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Edmund Berrigan

 More Gone

INSECURITY BLANKET

 
Remember how hard it is to be a good person?
When you take it for granted, you fail.
That’s when sportsmanship reconfigures its current.
One thing I’ve never been is alone, offset by
Loneliness. I blame myself for underestimating
The company, though I often preferred that
Of broken people over those untouched by pain.
Them I would forget in constellations of personal violence
Like a side pocket of absinthe, and drinking it,
Never to be seen until plain existence begs a return.
It’s the perception of matter transition that can’t
Help but draw attention to itself. Equally
Then recasting that perception onto others fuels
Our invisible republics that desubstantiate
Equality in favor of narrative control,
Path inhabitants be damned. Let’s infect our
Clients with fuck activism and bone-crushing
Tackles. That’s when we will deepen our bullpen
One roster spot at a time. That’s when I will
Punch you with a fist of roaches.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Anne Carson

No you cannot write about Me I think I should go in and see her. Can I stand it. She is shaking. No doubt. I should go in. She’ll be pouring...