Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Edmund Berrigan


MORE GONE

 

For the hopeless night sky often
Whose charms and harms are confused
When I copy edit the technical
Doory grains hovering in the queen’s navel
The pain spills over tiny levies
On the bed ablaze exiting
The dunce crop we surf Cy Ginger
Black market sports surgery
Enemies from the wild plains
Rice rips road or savage sweeps home plate
In the corner bed the agate
Built boats to shoot dem rebels
My gun’s steady gonna hold it level
The vehicles I need to continue
My relation, empty fugues
Rise up the flood to notions
Seeded joys refuse to perform
Hypnotized and running
A nice breeze blowing
Not a could in the sky
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Anne Carson

No you cannot write about Me I think I should go in and see her. Can I stand it. She is shaking. No doubt. I should go in. She’ll be pouring...