Sunday, August 28, 2022

Thomas Devaney

Thomas Devaney, photo by Aaron Igler





 







Hell-Dusted Blue Jeans

The Great Plains were over filled with blue jeans. 

During the war, the sky was filled with blue jeans.

Was I making up this story? some voice wanted to know. 

The corners of the mouth. In high school I worked at the Gap

selling jeans, corduroys, Mountain Dew. Provisions of nourishment.

Call of DutyMass Effect video games had colonized my

central nervous system.  A frame without a mirror to tell

my fate, I continued a hum along.     Like the Great Depression,

each person blaming him or herself for their own ruin.

The stories are all there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anne Carson

No you cannot write about Me I think I should go in and see her. Can I stand it. She is shaking. No doubt. I should go in. She’ll be pouring...