Sunday, September 4, 2022

Renee Angle

Renee's selections From the Stacks are:

The Memoirs of Jonbenet by Kathy Acker

Head Off & Split by Nikky Finney

Against the Current by Tedi López Mills (Translated by Wendy Burk)

Black Movie by Danez Smith

Notes on the Assemblage by Juan Felipe Herrera

Life Studies by Robert Lowell

ARK by Ronald Johnson

A Year From Monday by John Cage

Breathturn Into Timestead: The Collected Later Poetry by Paul Clean (Translated by Pierre Joris)

Robert Duncan (The Ambassador From Venus): A Biography by Lisa Jarnot

 Facebook Twitter  LinkedIn

                                               Stoplight

Red drives 
a wagon and speaks Navajo 
his horses shellac several minutes 
of deep

yellow tread 
like the mustard on his jeans 
and the couch he sits on 
when fifty-three

green years 
later I meet him. He with a mighty 
1910 divorce and a fluent limp knocking 
right up beside me

he walks like he swims: with his big hands out sculling across my shoulders, "these," he 
says, pointing to his long silver spurs, "are used to punch my donkey."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Anne Carson

No you cannot write about Me I think I should go in and see her. Can I stand it. She is shaking. No doubt. I should go in. She’ll be pouring...