Saturday, October 8, 2022

Rowan Ricardo Phillips



Hole in the Sky

His mind kept the airspace but sold the sun.
At night, he ordered his own sun, which was
Supposedly arriving soon, they said,
In entourages of azures and clouds.

A state had been charged with charging him,
Then a state was charged for charging him.
The absence of exposition hit home
And so, like a chord that needs resolving

After yeahyeahyeahyeah, he was sent home.
Now things are clear now and so less clear now:
The scent of summer in all autumn sound;
The shore and chatoyance of the sea stones;

And a hayness in the wavelength a black
Horse inhales en route back to the barn. Tune
Me in then tune me out again with your yeah
Yeahyeahyeah and your big hole in the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anne Carson

No you cannot write about Me I think I should go in and see her. Can I stand it. She is shaking. No doubt. I should go in. She’ll be pouring...