Thursday, November 10, 2022

Billy-Ray Belcourt

A History of My Brief Body


 TOWARDS A THEORY OF DECOLONIZATION


  1. forget everything you’ve learned about love. 
    love.
  2. investment is the social practice whereby one risks losing it all
    to be part of something that feels like release. lose everything
    with me.

 

  1. indian time is a form of time travel. a poetics of lateness.

 

  1. i never liked goodbyes, but some of us aren’t here to stay.

 

  1. superstition is a mode of being in the world that keeps ghosts like
    me in the living room.

 

  1. the afterlife is the after party: a choreography of mangled bodies.

 

  1. i made a poem out of dirt and ate it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anne Carson

No you cannot write about Me I think I should go in and see her. Can I stand it. She is shaking. No doubt. I should go in. She’ll be pouring...