Saturday, May 6, 2023

Saeed Jones

 


Boy in a Stolen Evening Gown 
  
In this field of thistle, I am the improbable 
lady. How I wear the word: sequined weight 
snagging my saunter into overgrown grass, blonde 
split-end blades. I waltz in an acre of bad wigs. 

Sir who is no one, sir who is yet to come, I need you 
to undo this zipped back, trace the chiffon 
body I’ve borrowed. See how I switch my hips 

for you, dry grass cracking under my pretend 
high heels? Call me and I’m at your side, 
one wildflower behind my ear. Ask me 
and I’ll slip out of this softness, the dress 

a black cloud at my feet. I could be the boy 
wearing nothing, a negligee of gnats. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anne Carson

No you cannot write about Me I think I should go in and see her. Can I stand it. She is shaking. No doubt. I should go in. She’ll be pouring...