Monday, July 31, 2023

Jeff Clark

moten.cov.final

JEFF CLARK DESIGNER

From Poetry Society of America. New American Poets

Are you interested in the relationship between poetry and politics? Do you believe that your own poetry has political implications?


As far as the first question is concerned, I'm interested in politics. My own poetry has no political implications. I like to think that how I lead my life does, though.


Do you think that your poetry or poetry in general speaks to spiritual or religious yearnings and struggles? If so, how?


For certain people it must. For me, writing poetry is release, discipline, erotic, a shunt. I would say, in fact, "exorcism," but that word's connotations aren't precisely fitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anne Carson

No you cannot write about Me I think I should go in and see her. Can I stand it. She is shaking. No doubt. I should go in. She’ll be pouring...