Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Raymond Antrobus

 








And That

After seeing a childhood friend outside a chicken shop in Dalston

“Chicken wings / and that

Boss man / salt in them / and that

Don’t assault man / give man a nap-

Kin / Big man / no steroid / and that

Dark times / new street lights / and that

How’s man? / I’m getting by / and that

Still / boy dem / harass

Not beefin’ / not tagged / man / still trapped

Cycle man / I peddle / and that

On road / new pavements / leveled / and that

Crackney changed / still / stay dwelling / and that

Paradise moves / but I got to land grab

We E8 / East man / ain’t got to adapt

Our Kingdom / got no land to hand back

Man / chat breeze / chat

Trade winds / and that

You out ends / got good job / legit / and that?

Locked off man dem / stay plotting / and that

Rah, Ray / flower shorts? / You hipster / in that

Man gone / Vegan? / no chicken wings / and that”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anne Carson

No you cannot write about Me I think I should go in and see her. Can I stand it. She is shaking. No doubt. I should go in. She’ll be pouring...