Monday, October 9, 2023

Fred Moten


Book Cover Image of In The Break: The Aesthetics Of The Black Radical Tradition by Fred Moten


FRED MOTEN: 

When I think about the way we use the term Study; I think we are committed to the idea

that study is what you do with other people. It's talking and walking around with other

people, working, dancing, suffering, some ir- reducible convergence of all three, 

held under the name of speculative practice. The notion of a rehearsal--being 

in a kind of workshop. playing in a band, in a jam session, or old men sitting on a porch, 

or people working together in a factory..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anne Carson

No you cannot write about Me I think I should go in and see her. Can I stand it. She is shaking. No doubt. I should go in. She’ll be pouring...