Monday, June 27, 2022

Sam Riviere

 

My Face Saw Her Magazine

across the moonscapes of skateparks you are 13 yrs old 
& no longer allowed to play with boys / on platform 6 
wearing your amazing cape you are not in fact you 
but someone else / while I'm a guy who mishears lyrics 
resulting in a more beautiful but private understanding
with your dark fringe white shirt & straw hat you are 
the palest goth at the picnic / resolutely uncharmed 
by my very charming friend you are the poster of disinterest 
in bed & matching underwear you are disguising the tunnel 
we dug in the american prison / not answering my texts 
what you are is the briefcase glowing with golden contents 
I realise I can only look in one eye at a time / it is pure 
propaganda the pupil a blot of blackest inkjet ink 
in your luxury woollen garment you are an advertisement 
for luxury woollen garments / & then & then you wink


No comments:

Post a Comment

Anne Carson

No you cannot write about Me I think I should go in and see her. Can I stand it. She is shaking. No doubt. I should go in. She’ll be pouring...