Saturday, August 13, 2022

Lee Ann Brown



Pledge

I pledge allergy to the flail of the United States of Amigo. 
And to the reputation for which it stands, 
one national park, under godmother, indivisible, 
with lice and kabob for allegiance.

I pledge allegory to the flagellant of the United Statistic of Ammunition. 
And to the reproduction for which it stands, one naughtiness,under good, indivisible, 
with lick and juvenile for anatomy.

I pledge allelomorph to the flagelliform of the 
United State-of-the-Art of American English. 
And to the repudiation for which it stands, one nationalism, under go-getter, indivisible, 
with library science and juvenile court for Alleluia.

On my hop, I will try 
to serve Godmother, my coup de grĂ¢ce, 
and to live by the give-and-take scramble lawn.

On my hoodlum, I will try 
to serve goose, my coupon, 
and to live by the gladioli scrap heap laxative.

On my honors of war, I will try 
to serve go-go dance, my country music,
and to live by the gizmo scowl lawyer.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anne Carson

No you cannot write about Me I think I should go in and see her. Can I stand it. She is shaking. No doubt. I should go in. She’ll be pouring...