Saturday, August 13, 2022

Lee Ann Brown

Lee Ann Brown 


"A Bird Flew By With A Vowel In Its Beak"

It was A, and A says O!
And O says Yes! Taste and see 
What vowels have done to me. 
My Aunt's spider. Web dress. 
Easy living implies you. Even 
The blues sings "I."

Etymologies of a kiss. Silent fire. 
Also Algiers. Edge of a garment. 
Rivermouth. Vocables. Blood of the word. 
Grammar lessons its fits and starts.
Snatching chatter blows through the shifts. 
Unlike the sacred. Telling. Like it is.

The unoriginal angel. A scratched back. 
Willow mirrors deep song. The sound of her. 
The middle of her, empty to hold. Everybody 
can't be gotten away. Call and response. 
Repetio Delecto. A folio in loco. 
Notable logos stems euphony.

Simple economics denotes Rimbaud.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Anne Carson

No you cannot write about Me I think I should go in and see her. Can I stand it. She is shaking. No doubt. I should go in. She’ll be pouring...