Friday, September 9, 2022

Tony Tost


cover image Complex Sleep

from 1001 Sentences

201-210 

  

Every successful sentence lessens one’s reliance on memory. 

What we do we do because of what we didn’t. 

Erotic silence. 

Unimportant themes are thrust forward to protect the more important ones. 

The sun is also in the wrong. 

I am assured that this poem is actually myself or at least that part of me which demands always to be before the camera. 

Sometimes freedom is found in the teeth of the ladder. 

My career is distinguished by how shamelessly I judge my enemy (the reader). 

I see everything in you. 

The center of all ignorance is found to pulsate a few miles behind your eyes. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anne Carson

No you cannot write about Me I think I should go in and see her. Can I stand it. She is shaking. No doubt. I should go in. She’ll be pouring...