Saturday, September 10, 2022

Zach Savich



 







[Our letters were like inventing the steam engine]

 

Our letters were like inventing the steam engine

So one morning in a derelict station
Someone could open a café

To sidle is a motion bringing one closer regardless
Letters like strawberries on a plain cloth

I stay on the smaller balcony
Pull the curtain around the gardenia

There’s a lemon under that bowl

 


 

[Bicycle in vines]

 

Bicycle in vines

Child singing with mouth against the window
A way of seeing out

Shh somebody says, so she begins to whisper-sing
How does it alter the view

If I eat everything walking, can I make the river
One with small pockets sewn on an orange skirt

She and I’ll be at the river

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Anne Carson

No you cannot write about Me I think I should go in and see her. Can I stand it. She is shaking. No doubt. I should go in. She’ll be pouring...