Monday, June 26, 2023

Frank Lima

Frank and Sheyla Lima - Wichita Art Museum

Alex Katz. Frank and Sheyla Lima (1964)

With popping antennae ringlets

                    you looked like
                        a praying mantis
                          cold cream & turban
                                science fiction gleam
                   as real
          as cancer
            spreading
               stuffed-tits-and-rag-guts
                          yawning
                            brillo-crotch
                               that stunk
                                   all over me
             playing
                 Johnny-on-the-pony
                                   on me
                                                indoors

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anne Carson

No you cannot write about Me I think I should go in and see her. Can I stand it. She is shaking. No doubt. I should go in. She’ll be pouring...