Monday, June 26, 2023

Frank Lima


 “01.03.2000,”

I found the words in a box and became recklessly enamored with

Them. As I watched, they blew smoke rings into my sacramental
Face. I was a blind old man, unzipping my life before them and
Trembling at the touch of cold marble. My fingers were once wild

Pigeons perched on the statues and I would sacrifice my soul for the
Erotic stillness of yesterday. The words would arrive through the nail
Holes in the century wearing the flickering faces of the past. I fit myself
Into anyone that will have me, who will shoot at me with the hours of a

Wheelchair. When will I stop looking over my shoulder in the subway?
I collected the tickets at the door, and made it perfectly clear that 
Writing is as lonely as a pile of discarded shoes. Heaven is wingless and
Far away and there are no books that mention your name or mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anne Carson

No you cannot write about Me I think I should go in and see her. Can I stand it. She is shaking. No doubt. I should go in. She’ll be pouring...