Friday, July 14, 2023

Alice Notley

Alice Notley. 


Poem (Why do I want to tell it)

it was the afternoon of November 
15th last fall and I was waiting 
for it whatever it would be like 
it was afternoon & raining but it 
was late afternoon so dark outside my 
apartment and I was special in that 
I saw everything through a heightened 
tear, things seemed dewy, shiny 
and so I knew there was a cave 
it was more or less nearby as in my 
apartment it was blue inside it 
dark blue like an azure twilight and the 
gods lived in the cave they who 
care for you take care of at death and 
they had cared for Ted and were there for me 
too and in life even now 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Anne Carson

No you cannot write about Me I think I should go in and see her. Can I stand it. She is shaking. No doubt. I should go in. She’ll be pouring...