Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Ben Lerner

Image 1 of 1 for Item #2031 The Lichtenberg Figures. Ben Lerner.


fromThe Lichtenberg Figures

 

The dark collects our empties, empties our ashtrays. 

Did you mean ‘this could go on forever’ in a good way?

Up in the fragrant rafters, moths seek out a finer dust.

Please feel free to cue or cut

 

the lights. Along the order of magnitudes, a glyph, 

portable, narrow—Damn. I’ve lost it. But its shadow. Cast 

in the long run. As the dark touches us up. 

Earlier you asked if I would enter the data like a room, well, 

 

either the sun has begun to burn 

its manuscripts or I’m an idiot, an idiot

with my eleven semi-precious rings. Real snow 

on the stage. Fake blood on the snow. Could this go 

 

on forever in a good way? A brain left lace from age or lightning. 

The chicken is a little dry and/or you’ve ruined my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anne Carson

No you cannot write about Me I think I should go in and see her. Can I stand it. She is shaking. No doubt. I should go in. She’ll be pouring...